MERIT Select is a Recruitment & Selection office with specialization in Finance and Business consulting as further explained on our website.
We strive to offer high quality service and quality to both our customers and candidates. The protection of privacy and careful handling of personal data is our priority.
This Privacy Statement applies to candidates, customers, visitors to our website
For this Privacy Statement there is a:
- Customer: a company / organization that engages MERIT Select for a selection assignment
- Candidate: a person who applies as a candidate for current or future vacancies, or an employee of a client;
Why does MERIT Select collect personal data
If we accept a selection assignment, it is necessary to collect personal information about individuals. It is also possible that MERIT Select approaches candidates, but also references, personally by telephone, e-mail or at the office. At that time, a candidate is informed that his personal information can be processed. If we approach a person directly, MERIT Select processes personal data based on a legitimate interest. Where possible, MERIT Select asks permission as further explained below.
What personal information do we use :
MERIT Select uses company and contact information such as name, e-mail, position, telephone number. In addition, MERIT Select also uses information provided by a customer such as feedback from candidates.
If a candidate applies for an open or future position online or after personal contact, MERIT Select collects name, address, place of residence, e-mail, telephone number, educational background and qualifications, the history of the work experience, the current position, and if applicable CV and motivation letter.
The candidate’s data can be updated via data that we find on public websites, including linkedin
MERIT Select can ask the candidate to provide references. In this case we note the name, e-mail address and telephone number to contact a reference person and to test the personal opinion about the suitability of a candidate for an open position.
MERIT Select processes personal data for the following purposes:
Customer information is used to execute the agreement with MERIT Select and the legitimate interests of MERIT Select such as relationship management and marketing.
- Filling vacancies, where MERIT Select acts on behalf of a customer. If a candidate responds to an open position, MERIT Select can send personal data to the customer;
- Matching candidates with future vacancies. MERIT Select keeps personal information in the candidate system (in portfolio) in order to assess the suitability of a candidate for a future position that MERIT Select will fill in;
- MERIT Select is not responsible for the use of personal information of candidates by customers.
Email service and communication
When a visitor, customer or candidate registers for our e-mail service or other online communication, we process name and e-mail address. If you do not want to receive emails, let us know and your details will be deleted from the database.
MERIT Select processes personal information for as long as necessary to be able to deliver the services and achieve the aforementioned goals. After this period the personal information will be deleted or made anonymous.
In line with the GDPR legislation you have the following rights:
- Right to view / access: As a candidate or customer, you have the right to request access to your information and to view it
- Right to rectification: You always have the right to have certain personal data corrected, supplemented or deleted after inspection.
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to be completely deleted from all systems and databases.
- Right to make a complaint: you have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commission if you find that the personal data is collected and processed in an unlawful manner.
- Right to withdraw permission: you have the right to object to the processing of that data.
- Right to limit the processing: you have the right to (temporarily) limit the processing of your personal data.
A candidate or customer is not required to provide personal information to Merit Select. This may mean that MERIT Select cannot perform the services.
Permission that is given can be withdrawn at any time. MERIT Select may also be asked to stop processing personal data. A candidate or customer may always know what personal information MERIT Select stores. He can request access and indicate any inaccuracies, propose changes, object to processing by MERIT Select or request deletion of data. To this end, a request can be submitted via email@example.com. A request will be processed within 4 weeks.
Storage and security
Personal information is stored with various applications that MERIT Select uses commercially. This data is stored within the EU. The applications of MERIT Select are protected by technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information of candidates as well as possible against loss or unintended use.
In some cases, MERIT Select uses external service providers for its services that receive personal information from candidates and clients. Consider external suppliers of MERIT Select for, for example, office automation, storage, e-mail and telephone services. These external parties may contractually use the personal information only for that reason, they must keep it secret and they are not permitted to use or pass on personal information independently.
General / website
MERIT Select can change this Privacy Statement periodically. MERIT Select makes every effort to inform clients, candidates and referees about this.
This Privacy Statement has been issued by:
MERIT Select Bvba
Bld St Michel 73
VG369 / B